Sunday, January 24, 2010

Boca Chica Beach


I'm going to head out to Boca Chica Beach today, leaving in about an hour. Boca Chica is one of my favorite places and I hope to get some great ideas for paintings while there today. If you are a little familiar with my work then you will have seen my paintings of the surf and the sand dunes there and maybe understand why I feel such a pull to the place.

Boca Chica is a natural beach down here in Texas and if you drive along the beach for about 3 or 4 miles you will come to the Rio Grande River mouth. Along the way are surf fisherman, sun bathers, families out playing with their kids and once you get to the river mouth there are usually net fishermen standing in the shallow water and Mexican families picnicking and enjoying the very same things on the other side.

It's Sunday so bound to be lots of people around.

I have fresh battery in my camera and I better go get my sketch book and pens.

No comments:

Post a Comment