Monday, January 12, 2015

Catching up on my blog posting

I posted a couple of blogs that have been sitting in my drafts file for a very long time and am feeling a little guilty that I have not posted anything current.  Time, how does it get away on me so easily.  I guess it's just life and mine swings from being extremely busy with house building and gardening in the summer to a wonderful relaxed winter, full of lots of time to paint and visit with friends.  I guess it's like being retired part time. 





The house building went great this past summer and we made enough progress to actually move into the place.  Yahoo!  Running water instead of running for the water.  We take our comforts for granted and living without them for even a short time really makes you appreciate them.  A stove, hot water, a flush toilet and a washer and dryer actually in the same building as your dirty cloths are all things you can do without but boy is it nicer to live in a house that has them.


I learned how to bake fruit cobbler in the BBQ.


We will be back to work on the rest of our house in the spring, the bottom level is still unfinished and we will have to decide on some type of flooring even if Bernie thinks that plywood floors are wood floors and will be just fine.



The bottom level is where my studio is going to be and I am very excited to put that space together. I have all kinds of ideas floating around in my head and my pinterest board is filling up with lots of pictures of other people's studios.  It's going to be a great big space with room for classes, workshops and art retreats. 



Here are a few pictures from the past summer. 


We built a green/hot house and some raised garden beds.



I had a booth at the Cathedral Village Art show and at the Tobin Lake Art Show.
Went for a couple of hikes in the forest around our place and found this little Earth Star.


Tiling the kitchen island was one of my jobs.
I did a little doodling on the top of a lidded box that sits beside my chair and holds a bunch of my art supplies.
I tried paddle boarding.
Our hops survived and thrived and we picked our first crop.
Cut firewood in the fall.
Enjoyed the wonderful view from the deck of our new home.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment