Sunday, January 11, 2015

I love teaching.

Watching the marker react to the alcohol.

During the winter months when I live in Brownsville I happily teach an Arty-Crafty class every Wednesday morning in our community hall.  I love sharing my ideas with the residents and am always looking for new and interesting ideas for the classes. 



Sharpie marker silk scarf painting class in Brownsville.

One of the students favorites has been learning Zen doodling.  Teaching one class usually leads to more and I have to convince the ladies that we should try something else once in awhile. 

When I moved here to Nipawin, I made some inquires about the local Art Club and talked to some members about joining.  Building a house and being too pooped to get off the couch in the evenings kept me from going to any meetings though, Im afraid, so I had not met any of the local artists.




Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call from the Nipawin Art Club asking if I would come and teach a Zen doodle drawing class.  I jumped at the chance.  I love teaching!  How did they know I have taught Zen Doodling??

It seems that one of the ladies that I showed Zen doodling to in Brownsville, Texas was sitting at her cabin at Lower Fishing Lake in Northern Saskatchewan drawing when a member of the Nipawin Art Club noticed and inquired what she was doing.  My name was mentioned and I was called.  Now is ours a Small World or what?? 

On Saturday I had a class of 15, women, men and a teenager!  I gave them the best instructions that I could, loaded their brains with Zentangle history, philosophy and patterns.  They did amazing and I hope that at least some of them continue to find tangle drawings an enjoyable endeavor. 

I met some amazing people and got to spend the afternoon doing something I Love.  Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment